This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
This activity is a great way to “unlock” your child’s heart and start meaningful conversations at the end of the day.
- the printable questions (you can download them at the bottom of this page)
- a container for the bedtime question cards (a small box / jar / bag)
- Print the list of questions at the bottom of this page.
- Cut out each question card and fold it. (You can leave the heart on each card to make them look more colorful inside your jar / container.)
- Find a container for your question card (a jar, a small box, a paper bag, etc), add the label on it, and put all the folded cards inside. (I used a colored paper bag and cut a part of it to make it smaller.)
- In the evening, when your child is in bed, ready to go to sleep, sneak next to them, and invite them to choose a question card from the box / bag.
- Read the question and invite them to answer it. To make the conversation even more connecting, share your answer to the question as well to help your child get to know you better.
- Keep choosing question cards as long as you want to keep the conversation going.
Connection tip: You can use this idea for a one-time activity, but you can also turn it into a daily habit. Enjoy this time together and use these bedtime conversations as a daily opportunity to get to know each other better!
Click the link below to download the printable: