This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
This activity is a lovely way to discover what brings joy to your child and what things are important to them.
- the printable template (you can find it at the bottom of this page)
- drawing supplies.
- Print the template at the bottom of the page – one for you and one for every child. (You can also invite the kids to draw the heart using the template as an example.)
- Invite the kids to fill in the heart with people, activities, places, or memories that bring them joy. They can write inside the heart or make drawings. You will do the same and fill in your heart.
- Color the heart and add designs.
- Once everybody has drawn their heart map, take turns sharing what you included inside it.
Connection tip: Use this opportunity to ask your kids more details about the things that bring them joy and use them as inspiration for planning more activities that they will enjoy.
Click the link below to download the printable: