This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
This activity is great for finding out your kids’ wishes, but also for encouraging older kids to set goals and accomplish them.
- white paper
- blue pencils and markers
- rainbow strips of paper (you can find them in the printable file at the bottom of the page)
- sharpie marker.
- Invite your kids to create a special “rainbow cloud” and use it to write down a bucket list for them.
- Print the page included in the printable file, cut out the rainbow strips of paper, and use the space at the bottom to draw a cloud and cut it out.
- Invite your child to color the cloud.
- Ask your child to name things they would like to do in the next 3 months. For younger children, you can choose a time frame that is easier to understand (e.g., before Christmas, before your next birthday, etc). For older kids, invite them to name both wishes and goals they want to set for themselves (e.g., learn a new skill).
- Add the wishes on the colored strips of paper using the black sharpie.
- Glue the top of rainbow strips of paper on the back of the cloud. Then glue the cloud on the white paper.
- Display the “rainbow cloud” in your child’s room.
Click the link below to download the printable: